Call for Entries
Monochrome Photographic Exhibition
Monochrome Photography Show – vision, interpretation and use of monochromatic LIGHT
Photographers of all levels are invited to submit their original photography for consideration. Black and white photography—Shades of gray and single toned [sepia, selenium, etc] The Monochrome Exhibition is a juried photography exhibit of fine art.
The mission of Monochrome Photography Show is a challenge to photographers to demonstrate their use of light to help define the subject. The light can be natural or artificial; or a combination that enhances the impact, drama, emotion, and/or message of the image. Images will be juried, judged; and awards for Best of Show, ORIGINALITY, TECHNICAL EXCELLENCE, COMPOSITION, OVERALL IMPACT, ARTISTIC MERIT.
REGISTRATION: Click Here for Registration Form – Email completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org
FEES: All fees are non-refundable $35 for 4 entries [early entry] • $35 for 3 entries • $10 for each additional entry
SUBMIT Images: Email attachments to: email@example.com DIGITAL entries only• jpg files: 300 ppi, 1600 px long side.
FILENAME MUST BE AS FOLLOWS: <title> by <first initial> <last name>.jpg, separated by spaces. (e.g. “Title by J Smith.jpg”)SUBMIT
IMPORTANT DATES: All artwork must remain for the duration of the show
- July 22 – All Entry Ends
- July 31 – Notifications sent via email
- Aug 24 – Delivery artwork to TLCA, 12-1:30 pm
- Sep 4 – Judge’s Seminar, 7pm, $30
- Sep 7 – Opening Reception, 6-8pm
- Nov 1 – End of Exhibition
- Nov 2 – Pick-up artwork from TLCA, 10-12pm
PRINT SPECS – max dim print-30×30/mat-36×36 • NOTE: image may not be larger than 30×30, mat or no mat.
• All artwork must remain for the duration of the show.
• Do NOT embedded in image digital frames, titles, watermarks, artist names, or text.
• Max weight: 30 lbs
• ON BACK of each print: title, your name, phone #, price
• Print/frame/mount/wire for hanging in a professional manner.
• No clip mounts, sawtooth hangers, or missing wires. Wire mounting only.
• If the above criteria are not met, the photograph may be excluded from the show.
COPYRIGHT & OWNERSHIP
Copyright remains with the owner at all times.
Submitted entries may be used in the exhibit’s promotional efforts that includes websites, newspapers and flyers related to this.
Artwork may or may not be for sale. Commissions: 60 artist/40 gallery of listed price.
TLCA will send sales commission money to the artist no later than Nov 20
Accepted artwork is protected and insured for up to $500 while in the care and custody of the TLCA, but not during transit to, or from the show. TLCA is not responsible for artwork left after the pick up time. Artists are encouraged to consider their own insurance needs to protect their interests.